Please Revert to Previous Style of Status Bar

I think in an attempt to make Status Bar in the Lectora Desktop 21 interface more "modern"-looking (or something) than in, say, the Lectora Desktop 18 interface, you've made it considerably less user-friendly. Comparing the old status bar with the new one, you can see how much harder it is to distinguish the different buttons on it! Could you PLEASE consider reverting the status bar back to its previous styling (or come up with a new one that includes different colors and more intuitive icons)? I hate it when usability is sacrificed on the altar of "modernity" or "coolness"!

The image below shows, at a glance, how much easier the old Status Bar was to read and interpret! (The one improvement in the new one was the use of a "bug" icon for the debug mode...maybe you can work that into the redesign, should you decide to revert the rest of it.)

Discussion (2)

That's actually an accessibility issue. Someone with poor visual acuity is going to have even more trouble with the gray-on-black color scheme. Contrast is a good thing.

Heck, make it skinnable. There's lots of free code out there to make generic apps skinnable.

That's actually an accessibility issue. Someone with poor visual acuity is going to have even more trouble with the gray-on-black color scheme. Contrast is a good thing.

Your point about accessibility is also a great one! Thanks for adding that perspective. I hope that eLearning Brothers will consider that in their next release.