Drag Item Won't Drag in Browser!

Okay - I've created drag-and-drop activities several times before without a problem (although they were all created in earlier versions of Lectora -- 2008 and earlier), but now I've got one that's definitely presenting a problem...

When I preview my activity in native-Lectora "Run" mode, it works fine. When I use "Preview in Browser" or publish to HTML and test it from there, my drag objects won't move! I get the little hand cursor when I mouse over them (so they're being recognized by the browser as something that should be movable), but, when I try to drag them, I get that little black circle-and-slash symbol and they won't budge.

I've tried a BUNCH of things to try and fix the problem, including

• shutting down the browser windows and clearing the cache (often a good first step)
  • removing the quotation marks I had in the drag item text
  • making sure that "Size/Position Locked" option isn't selected
  • copying the page into a different .awt file (in case there was some kind of corruption in the original one)
  • making sure I didn't have any objects on the page with duplicate names or any hidden or transparent objects on top of the object I want to drag
  • changing the drag image from a .png file to a .gif file (although, I admit, I haven't tried making it a graphic file with no transparency -- both the .png and .gif versions made use of transparency), and
  • probably a bunch of other things I just don't remember anymore.

I'm using IE8 for my browser (in case it matters) and Lectora X.4.1. I am using multiple drag-and-drop questions on the page (needed to have a snap-back funtionality, even though I don't usually believe in doing that and the ability to hide the object once it's dropped in the right place.) As I said, everything works fine in native Lectora (well, except for some drop-placement finickiness, but that's a problem for another time).

So, what am I missing? Why isn't my drag item draggable (sp?) in the browser? I feel like I saw this problem before many years ago, but, if so, the solution has long since faded from my mind...

TIA for any help!

Laura

Discussions have been disabled for this post