Another Variable Calculation Problem

Okay, this turned out to be a "wetware" problem, not a software one... Somehow, it seems that I forgot to "VAR" the Yardage variable when I was trying to subtract it (i.e., I had typed "Yardage," instead of "VAR(Yardage)"). I don't know why I didn't notice that the first 12 times I looked at it... A big public "thank you!" to Ben for his private confirmation that what I was doing should have worked and his suggestion that I temporarily change the subtraction to addition to get a better idea of what was going on, which really helped, because, when I saw that it was now displaying "10Yardage," I realized exactly what I must have done wrong.Also, just to set the record the record completely straight, it turns out that I had also misunderstood what my husband was saying...he was saying that maybe it was treating the variable as an alpha value (which it was, thanks to my forgetting to VARify it), not that it was treating the 10 as an alpha value.Maybe it's time for me to take a break and come back at this with fresh eyes in a bit... Laura

Discussions have been disabled for this post