Variable - Missing

1. Have added required variables, and the file is published.

2. However, the team tells me that the file has incomplete variables thus file is not getting uploaded to LMS.

Discussion (14)

How did you publish? SCORM?

I've never seen a message mention "incomplete variables".

Is it possible to get a screen capture of the actual message? In general, giving the exact error makes it much easier to figure out the problem.

I uploaded it as AICC.

Attached is the word document from our LMS team.

I speculate that you need to set the AICC variables (which are also needed in SCORM). Specifically, somewhere you must set AICC_Lesson_Status to a value your LMS understands, often "Passed" or "incomplete".

Why are you uploading a file manager to an LMS? File managers are not courses or course components?

Have you tested in SCORM Cloud?

Why not publish as SCORM?

@carlfink - This is the AICC published file folder.

Also, Is the below not desired variable?

It should be completed - in all lower case. To my knowledge, this is true for AICC and SCORM.

Link to SCORM 1.2 RTR:

https://scorm.com/scorm-explained/technical-scorm/run-time/run-time-reference/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=natural_search

@andrew-robertson - AICC is preferred over SCORM by our LMS team.

I will still check if SCORM works.

@carlfink - The link I provided has saved my tail more times that I care to admit. I was using that when I was first developing my advanced simulations/training in Flash. How I miss Flash and it's WYSIWYG IDE.

@carlfink - The file seems to work fine in SCORM CLOUD.

Thank you.

@andrew-robertson - Thank you for this suggestion, this is indeed learning.

Attaching scorm file.

It should be completed - in all lower case. To my knowledge, this is true for AICC and SCORM.

I was bitten by that one once. I spent a full week trying to figure out why a course would not mark complete, and it was because I used a capital letter.

@carlfink - The link I provided has saved my tail more times that I care to admit. I was using that when I was first developing my advanced simulations/training in Flash. How I miss Flash and it's WYSIWYG IDE.

I spent two years using Flash for CBT (as we used to say) development. I liked the IDE myself.

Malvika: if it works in SCORM Cloud, the problem is an incompatibility in your LMS. The company behind SCORM Cloud, Rustici, literally helped write the SCORM standard, they are probably the most standards-compliant company out there. Try to get your LMS team to give more information about the exact problem they are having.