Solved

Audio Recording software

Hi,

I have videos created in Thai, and spanish languages.

I now want to add audio to the courses.

However, which software or site that I can use to have audio done.

Human voice recording/translators are too expensive, thus machine voice.

Regards

Malvika

Solution

@mmalhotra-9265 I opened your course in Lectora and the Spanish audio plays fine in Run mode. If you want to use this mp3 outside of Lectora, look in the course folder inside folder "media". There is an mp3 file there called "Mia_text_1610521440730.mp3". You can run it on your computer outside of Lectora using Microsoft Media Player or any other audio player, or copy and embed it into another project if you are not using Lectora.

Discussion (6)

Hi Malvika,

We don't have software to translate, but you could use a speech to text tool like https://www.speechtexter.com/ then use Google translate to get the translated text, then paste everything into Lectora's Text to Speech tool! If you can get the audio into text form, then Lectora can produce the audio files.

Thank you Christie.

However, this is not Lectora.

1. I am looking for text to speech software.

2. This is a video that I have been asked to have Thai audio embedded.

3. I am looking for a tool from I can have audio.

Regards

Malvika

As @"Christie Calahan" mentioned, Lectora can be part of the solution. Lectora includes a Text to Speech tool that supports Spanish and 27 other languages/dialects. For your Spanish video, you could use this tool to create the audio file in Spanish and then merge this with your video in a video editor. The Lectora Text to Speech tool can also create the closed caption file you can use with your video.

The Lectora Text to Speech Tool currently does not support the Thai Language. The languages supported are: Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), Danish, Dutch, English (Australian), English (British), English (Indian), English (US), English (Welsh), French, French (Canadian), German, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Spanish (Castilian), Spanish (Mexican), Spanish (US), Swedish, Turkish, Welsh.

@mmalhotra-9265 I opened your course in Lectora and the Spanish audio plays fine in Run mode. If you want to use this mp3 outside of Lectora, look in the course folder inside folder "media". There is an mp3 file there called "Mia_text_1610521440730.mp3". You can run it on your computer outside of Lectora using Microsoft Media Player or any other audio player, or copy and embed it into another project if you are not using Lectora.

Thank you Holland. This is such a cool feature. I only wish it had Thai and Vietnamese as an option.

Hi,

I translated a file to spanish.

However, I am unable to save this file or use this outside lectora.

Regards

Malvika