Audio Editing - Suggestion

Hi,

1. I have 10 audio files each of 30-60 seconds.

2. I have to edit something from each audio with 'Noise Removal effect'.

3. However, the volume/tone consistency varies across each audio file.

4. Is there a better way to edit audios?

5. Do I need to stitch all the 10 edited audio files to a single one so that there is consistency, and smooth voiceover?

Discussion (9)

probably would be easier to have them all in the same project starting out, select all on the timeline and use a 'volume leveling' audio effect. You can also manually adjust each track if needed and compare.

Hi,

This is in Camtasia.

1. I have 10 audio files each of 30-60 seconds.

2. I have to edit something from each audio with 'Noise Removal effect'.

3. However, the volume/tone consistency varies across each audio file.

4. Is there a better way to edit audios?

5. Do I need to stitch all the 10 edited audio files to a single one so that there is consistency, and smooth voiceover?

@cainam - I guess you are right..will pick this approach.

Not sure how you made the recordings, but maybe you can create a setup when recording audio so that you can get consistent audio levels? (For example, when recording your audio, have something that will help you maintain the same distance from the microphone). All depends on your setup, but there was a pretty good webinar I watched recently where the audience gave some great tips on how they record audio in their particular situation (use a closet, stand up, splash filter set at consistent space, smile/laugh before starting your recording, and a lot of other good tips). From Training Magazine Network: https://www.trainingmagnetwork.com/events/2724?gref=rec

@cainam - Thank you for your kindness Adam.

1. Audio Recording - My colleague has done recording. Editing is my job.

2. Doing editing on Camtasia. MP3 format.

3. Taking cues from the link you shared, will try that in camtasia.

Well then maybe send that link on to your colleague to make your job a bit easier, and the audio better overall. ;)

Why not use Audacity? It's a free open source audio software that I use for all of our content. It perfect for cutting, normalizing, and everything in between.

@mmalhotra-9265 you're working with m4a files. You're missing the necessary drivers to import/via them.

How To Import m4a Files In Audacity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDbUtcoeW10

@andrew-robertson - This issue holds me :(