Publish and Sharing

1. I have course and quiz built in Lectora.

2. I want to share the courses with my team as a link.

3. They don't have Lectora or LMS.

4. How can I share my course with them.

5. For FTP, do i need to have a server access or something?

Discussion (10)

Using ReviewLink is the best way - especially if you need people to review for changes. ReviewLink might be one of the most under rated parts of the platform - streamlines the review process quite well.

If you don't have access to that, then a web server would be the next best thing - add the published HTML folder to it, and point to the index.html file.

I guess you might also be able to add the published HTML folder to a shared drive and link them to the index.html file - that works locally on your own machine, so I guess it should work on a shared drive.

I guess you might also be able to add the published HTML folder to a shared drive and link them to the index.html file - that works locally on your own machine, so I guess it should work on a shared drive.

That depends. Some content will not work from a local source because of security restrictions in modern browsers. Lectora's development environment actually runs a minimal web server on your PC to get around this when previewing. (A local web server isn't "local" for the purpose above.)

We've had encountered something very similar and while we can launch our content in our LMS for review purposes (we have 3 LMS environments, Production, Testing, Development), we haver other users who simply cannot access our LMS as they are either external to our organization OR if they are attempting to consume content internally, their network is simply too slow (satellite network connection where when a bird flies in front of it the connection drops type of situation).

Inside our organization: I uploaded our elearning content to an onsite web server (non-LMS) using the web (html) export options for our users to consume content locally. Yes, it isn't the best way, but it's essentially to support 8-10 local users and they can communicate with us when they're done.

Outside our organization: I have my own webserver at home (and on the internet) that I am able to upload the Web (HTML) exported content to for people outside our organization to consume. It isn't locked down, so security is a factor and content sharing is reviewed in advance.

There is an option out there that are developed open source that will allow you to run web servers from a usb drive such as:

• https://www.usbwebserver.net/webserver/

• https://sourceforge.net/projects/portableserver/

I do not endorse any of those, but I have used something similar about 5-6 years ago and it worked out really well.

Each page of the wbt would essentially have a different link. Point to the 'index.html' page for the first page in the wbt. (you are creating the link). (you don't need to have it checked to create a zip file when publishing. Otherwise you just need to unzip the contents before copying to your web server (or similar).

Hi all,

Thanks for the help. In the attached file, I have published it to HTML.

However, no link appears. Kindly suggest.

Regards

Malvika

@cainam - Do you mean something like below:

Do I need to click on index.html OR which links?

Just think of the wbt module like a website with multiple pages. The 'home page' of your website is called 'index.html', and so if you open up that page, you can get to the rest of your module from there with whatever navigation you have set up in the module. So if you double click that file, it should open up your module.

Yes.

@cainam - So can you access the attached index file.

@andrew-robertson - Perfect :) This works