Better Presentation

Hi,

Is there a better way to present the attached course?

regards

Malvika

Discussion (5)

Hi, Malvika,

Well, you shouldn't have it automatically advance through those slides. If you do have auto-advance, it shouldn't be that fast. It's impossible to read all the text before it vanishes.

It's not good visual design to have all your text on top of an image. That also makes it hard to read.

The image has nothing to do with your content. You don't show peanuts, for instance, or a child. An ambulance could be used for thousands of things, including a fire-prevention course, or a course on childbirth.

What is the purpose of the two musical notes played when every page loads?

Finally, what do you mean by "present" in your question? Appearance?

@carlfink - I am attaching refined slide.

My concern as below:

Well, you shouldn't have it automatically advance through those slides. If you do have auto-advance, it shouldn't be that fast. It's impossible to read all the text before it vanishes.

- Clicking NEXT after each slide can be monotonous. Thus had kept it automatically advance but the transition doesn't look smooth.

The image has nothing to do with your content. You don't show peanuts, for instance, or a child. An ambulance could be used for thousands of things, including a fire-prevention course, or a course on childbirth.

- Will change the image.

It's not good visual design to have all your text on top of an image. That also makes it hard to read.

- Noted. Thank You.

What is the purpose of the two musical notes played when every page loads?

- I just want a single music playing all through the course.

Finally, what do you mean by "present" in your question? Appearance?

Yes, appearance is what I meant.

Regards

Malvika

Suggestions:

This is not about the appearance, but naming all the slides "Introduction" is not a recommended practice. If they have individual names, it makes debugging and navigation easier.

The delay between slides is far too short. This is a bug since at least Lectora X. In my experience: you specify it in seconds, and then Lectora really waits for much less time. I suggest you raise the delays a lot, say to 10 seconds, and see if you can read all the text before it disappears.

Another thought would be to "build" the text, so it might go:

Allergies are common

Allergies are common

1,000 children per year are hospitalized

Allergies are common

You can do something to help!

That way, if someone is reading slowly or gets distracted, they can still read the entire message before clicking "Start".

To improve the way the text updates, you should look at setting a default transition between slides, say to Fade. I personally find that Lectora's default speed for transitions is too fast, so I always slow them down, but that's a matter for personal taste (within reason).

The problem I was seeing with the music, as I discovered, was that it doesn't work correctly in Preview mode--it restarts on every page. It will only work right when published in Seamless mode. Not your mistake, in other words, just something I was not aware of.

On another matter: in American English, you would never say "fall allergic". A common way to write that would be "become allergic to" or "develop an allergy to". (The first is more conversational, the second is more technical or scientific-sounding.)

However, I think your course is about how to react if someone has a severe allergic reaction. We would describe that as "having a severe allergic reaction," or if life-threatening, "anaphylaxis" or "anaphylactic shock". (Sorry, I'm a writer sometimes.)

@carlfink - Thank you for taking time and guiding me. Attached is the updated file.

This is not about the appearance, but naming all the slides "Introduction" is not a recommended practice. If they have individual names, it makes debugging and navigation easier.

- Have made changes.

The delay between slides is far too short. This is a bug since at least Lectora X. In my experience: you specify it in seconds, and then Lectora really waits for much less time. I suggest you raise the delays a lot, say to 10 seconds, and see if you can read all the text before it disappears.

- Makes sense.

Another thought would be to "build" the text, so it might go:

Allergies are common

Allergies are common

Allergies are common

You can do something to help!

- Done

That way, if someone is reading slowly or gets distracted, they can still read the entire message before clicking "Start".

To improve the way the text updates, you should look at setting a default transition between slides, say to Fade. I personally find that Lectora's default speed for transitions is too fast, so I always slow them down, but that's a matter for personal taste (within reason).

- I couldn't locate animation in lectora.

The problem I was seeing with the music, as I discovered, was that it doesn't work correctly in Preview mode--it restarts on every page. It will only work right when published in Seamless mode. Not your mistake, in other words, just something I was not aware of.

- Noted.

On another matter: in American English, you would never say "fall allergic". A common way to write that would be "become allergic to" or "develop an allergy to". (The first is more conversational, the second is more technical or scientific-sounding.)

However, I think your course is about how to react if someone has a severe allergic reaction. We would describe that as "having a severe allergic reaction," or if life-threatening, "anaphylaxis" or "anaphylactic shock". (Sorry, I'm a writer sometimes.)

This will take time..this is too complex for me :)

Hi, Malvika,

To set a default page transition, in the Project Explorer (on the left side of the window), click the course (at the very top of the tree) and switch to the Design tab of the Ribbon. The Page Transitions button is near the right side of the Ribbon.

Clicking that opens a dialog box that lets you select both the transition and the speed at which it displays.