Is there a point to having a CVR feature requests page?

Is there much point in the community providing feature requests? Hardly any the ones listed here have made it through to the final product and software itself has barely changed in a number of years. What priority is CenarioVR being given amongst the ELB stable of products? How many active developers are there and what is the roadmap?

Given Articulate Storyline now has many 360 image features, I'm going to have difficulty justifying next year's spend on CVR unless it the situation improves.

Discussion (7)

Hey, @hvaughan-2540 - thanks for this feedback (and your engagement in the Community!). We SO appreciate feature requests, and we are very grateful when you and others take the time to let us know how to make your life easier with our tools. We have been working in CVR on new headset support recently (for the Vive Focus 3 and the soon-to-be-released Pico Neo 3). I checked with our internal dev team on the latest and greatest updates to CVR over the last year and noted about a dozen updates including new scene directions, a new Resources Tab in the Media Library, support for WebXR on Firefox Reality (for headsets), and many more. We're trying hard to keep up with limited resources - the good news is we are growing our internal dev teams, so we hope to accelerate even more amazing updates for all of our tools in the near future.

Glad to hear you're increasing your development resources.

One that I suggested a long time ago should be easy to implement since you already did it in Lectora Online, namely folders for scenarios. Has anyone at ELB ever tried to work with dozens of projects, some of them in several versions? The current interface makes it nearly impossible in a browser. It's a single, very long list, and because of the design you can't even read the full names of the scenarios.

In the Oculus app, it's even more nearly impossible, because of the slow, very clunky one-row horizontal scrolling. Seriously, try it some time.

ETA: your entire Oculus GUI seems to depend on peripheral vision because everything is so wide. Think about that: you're depending on people either constantly turning their heads, or reading with their peripheral vision. No GUI designer would suggest that, because we're familiar with the human visual system. (Search for "foveal vision" some time.)

My point: I'm a former GUI (UX in general, really) designer. You need someone good at that to join your team, as long as you're expanding it. Or bring in the Nielsen-Norman Group as consultants. They're expensive, but they're very, very good.

A new feature has been added: NEW! Chroma Key (Green Screen) For Easy Character Or Animation Add-In! https://www.elblearning.com/cenariovr-updates/new-chroma-key-green-screen-for-easy-character-or-animation-add-in

I'd be interested to know why this was chosen as the next CVR feature to released. Did a lot of people request chroma keys? I'm not sure I'd ever use it. I'd have thought better text editing would be near the top of much needed new features. Do you have a list of items being developed and the expected release dates?

Checked a few different app stores today, the CVR app was last updated at the end of 2018 on Oculus and 2 years ago on the Apple app store. Has it not needed any updates or bug fixes?

Hugh, we update the app constantly, those dates are wildly incorrect, that is when the App was created on the store, not updated

New zoom feature added.

I ask again, can we please have a list of what new features are coming and when, with a short reason as to their prioritization. For me improved text formatting and coloured outline/filled polygon hotspots are the highest priority.

New Zoom into Scenarios on Desktop, Mobile, & Headsets:

https://www.elblearning.com/cenariovr-updates/immerse-yourself-in-2-features