VAR(Assesment_Score)

Working on a title in Lectora 16.2.2 i notice this behaviour.

I have several assesments/tests in a title.

-Assesment1

-Assesment2

-Assesment3

At some point i show the score(s) achieved in those assesments by calling the variable(s).

- ChangeContents -undefined Var(Assesment1_Score)

This all works perfect.

If i now change the title of any of my assesments... eg.

-Assesment1

-Assesment2A

-Assesment3

The variables change along accordingly...almost everything internally changes along with the namechange of my test.. except......

My ChangeContents action... i have to walk through the title and manually replace everywhere i used Var(Assesment2_Score) to Var(Assesment2A_Score)

So i am not sure whether this is still the same in Lectora 17. But wouldn't it be nice if any action calling a specific variable would change too automatically when changing that....

Regards,

Math

Discussion (3)

I've brought your suggestion to the development teams attention. Thanks!

The reason this occurs is that when we introduced the convenience of in-line variable replacement - so that you can put a variable into a text string, such as "Hello, VAR(Name)" - Lectora/Lectora Online view that information as plain text, until the title is run. At that time it recognizes it as a variable because of the VAR() syntax. So when you are editing and change the name of your variable, Lectora/Lectora Online does not see that as a variable yet and therefore does not change it.

You are using: ChangeContents -undefined Var(Assesment1_Score)

If you use: ChangeContents -undefined Var(Assesment1_Score)

... (not "Set Text") you'll be okay when the variable name changes.

Nice one Daryl. Thx :-)

Discussions have been disabled for this post