Not answered questions

In a project a user can skip questions... and later on return to it...either answering them or not.

If time runs out though, the non-answered questions should be set to incorrect, without actually a choice been made.

I now am not 100% sure of the right syntax for the variables for questions...

I know use it like this:

non answered questions -> if Question_0001 is empty -> Question_0001 = false

Im in doubt of the 'false' value... if i test it without setting the variable the Question_0001 var shows ~~~null~~~

So my question now is: Whats the default value for a Questionvariable to define it as incorrect?

false

not correct

Not Correct

incorrect

Any of these ?

Discussion (4)

A not-answered question "is empty". An empty question is "not correct", i.e. incorrect by default, when evaluated.

You cannot set the Question variable to "correct", the question variable contains the users answer to the question. Setting the question variable to "correct" will always be "incorrect" unless the correct answer to the question is "correct" ;-)

Tim

Guess i partly discovered what i miss. The Question variable isnot set to any of the above.. its set to the input.value... being a string, a text label or whatever sort of question it is. That making it tough to set a unanswered question to a incorrect state, because Lectora ( i think ) depends one the user making a choice.

Math stated in his original post that users can skip questions in a test, then return to answer them later. Would it be possible to share with me how to do that? I'm not concerned about a timer, I'd just like to know how to allow students to skip questions. Thanks!

Basically you have the option to check or uncheck 'Student Must Answer Each Question' at the Test-level.

If you uncheck that a user can skip any question by clicking Next. If you add a Results page to your title you notice for those unanswered questions 'Not Answered' In the preferences of Lectora in the Publish Strings you can edit this text to anything you want.

A nice setup for this might be if you create a page where visually all answered and unanswered pages show, so a user can decide to go back if wanted. For this there is no default though. You would need to create this yourself.

Math

Discussions have been disabled for this post