Solved

SCORM Submission

This may be a weird one, but lets see if I can get this to work without much effort.

Background:

• Assessment built in Flash but using Lectora as the encapsulating agent.

• All SCORM calls are made using Actionscript and the JS functions from Lectora.

• No evaluation/assessments are made in Lectora, the only data reporting is the course completion status.

Requirement:

• I need to add a data entry field that will write to the LMS to record a proctor's identification (e.g. user id: 93845)

Configuration:

• I have a data entry field/survey question that allows the user to enter their user ID.

• Once the user clicks the submit button, the question is processed.

Question(s):

• Can this data be submitted to the LMS without being in a TEST Section?

Any other tips/pointers welcome (i do know that I need to adjust my code probably within Flash, but the first step is getting the proctor details recorded outside of the TEST/SURVEY section configuration).

Solution

When you check "Retain value between sessions" for the question, the variable and its value should be saved to cmi.suspend_data, a field of the LMS that is meant to store custom values.

Discussion (4)

Sorry - the user ID is not the LMS reserved variable, but a user short answer entry question.

In my case, it is just the user ID of the proctor who is also in our LMS so that we can cross reference who that person is and make sure they are a "certified proctor". So really I can have the person's name (if they don't have an LMS account), or the active directory user id code (robertan).

When you check "Retain value between sessions" for the question, the variable and its value should be saved to cmi.suspend_data, a field of the LMS that is meant to store custom values.

If you change any of the SCORM variables built into Lectora, it's supposed to immediately write that change to the LMS. What I don't know is whether UserID is settable, as opposed to read-only, within a Lectora course.

(Flash?)

I completely forgot about the cmi.suspend_data table entry. I will have to talk to my DBAs now to find out if they can find that field in the DB. Getting SCORM DATA REPORTING (the raw output) was an enhancement at the time of the deployment (face palm).