Solved

JQuery and Seamless Play

Good afternoon - I have a quick question. My colleague figured out a quick and simple way to obtain the unique ID of an object based on the the class name as shown below.

triv$(".tmpbutton").first().attr("id")

While this works fine, it doesn't work when we publish the content using the Publish for Seamless Play enabled. Is there a way to make it work when that is enabled?

Solutions (2)

Give this a try:

triv$(".tmpbutton", GetDisplayDocument()).first().attr("id")

Learn more here:

https://knowledgebase.elblearning.com/containing-your-containers-custom-javascript-suggestions-for-lectora-online

Note: PascalCase only in older version of Lectora Desktop, PascalCase and camelCase in new versions of each product.

Thanks @wheels , that snippet helped get me to the point of making it work, only a minor modification...

triv$(".tmpbutton", getDisplayDocument()).first().attr("id");

GetDisplayDocument() >> getDisplayDocument()

Not to mention that link you passed along, I hope that will make my life easier - I am not a master at Java/CSS/HTML, but I do know enough to make myself dangerous. Appreciate your time as always.

Discussion (5)

Give this a try:

triv$(".tmpbutton", GetDisplayDocument()).first().attr("id")

Learn more here:

https://knowledgebase.elblearning.com/containing-your-containers-custom-javascript-suggestions-for-lectora-online

Note: PascalCase only in older version of Lectora Desktop, PascalCase and camelCase in new versions of each product.

Hi @wheels, thanks for the link to the document. I'll be saving for future use as well.

I'm curious about the code snippit that you shared. I've never seen a second parameter to jquery like that and can't find any info in jquery documentation. Is this an enhancement that was added on by Lectora?

It's an option parameter for context.

Thanks @wheels , that snippet helped get me to the point of making it work, only a minor modification...

triv$(".tmpbutton", getDisplayDocument()).first().attr("id");

GetDisplayDocument() >> getDisplayDocument()

Not to mention that link you passed along, I hope that will make my life easier - I am not a master at Java/CSS/HTML, but I do know enough to make myself dangerous. Appreciate your time as always.

It's an option parameter for context.

Thanks @Wheels. Not sure how I missed that in the documentation! :s