Solved

Which task causes this?

What process or application do I need to look for to force close or end task when this happens? In the past I was able to close the application and restart it without an issue but now I find myself having to reboot the computer to get it back to working.

Lectora Version 19.0.4

Solutions (3)

I've never seen that from Lectora, personally. I'd personally open the Task Manager and sort by CPU usage, and maybe manipulate the window in some way to make its task jump up in the list and be more visible.

When Lectora shuts down, CefSubProcess and Trivserver are supposed to shut down also, but I've had them stay up before. Killing them in the task manager is the right approach

Upon reinstall process, I got two errors.... One being the one below. Once I killed that file everything comes back. So I guess the trivserver.exeis the kicker.

Discussion (7)

I've never seen that from Lectora, personally. I'd personally open the Task Manager and sort by CPU usage, and maybe manipulate the window in some way to make its task jump up in the list and be more visible.

Ha - I dunno anymore. Our comms department keep "hyping stuff up" and saying we're getting a new Windows, so I only assumed it was Win11.

I don't use Windows on my personal devices, so now that you had me intrigued .... I am Win10 v.20H2....

Hmm. I did a quick sort and noticed an increase in the process called CefSubProcess.exe whenever I tried to do a test. Otehr then that, nothing really sticks out. I am beginning to wonder if it is due to the recent Win11 20H2 upgrade that our IT Dept. did over the past few weeks.

Do the eLearningBrothers employee Rockstars know if I need them to release my SN in advance of reinstalling my application on the same PC?

Edit: Thx to @carlfink making me actually do some thinking.

Upon reinstall process, I got two errors.... One being the one below. Once I killed that file everything comes back. So I guess the trivserver.exeis the kicker.

You upgraded to a leaked pre-beta version of Windows 11?

When Lectora shuts down, CefSubProcess and Trivserver are supposed to shut down also, but I've had them stay up before. Killing them in the task manager is the right approach

I don't use Windows on my personal devices, so now that you had me intrigued ...

Me neither, as it happens.