Solved

Order of Precedence

Good morning. I've been grappling with this for a bit, but I just cannot get it straight in my head. Does anyone have an order of precedence of items within the title explorer?

I do know that the object that is "on top" is at the bottom of the page or group; however, how does it work for actions? Are actions the opposite way around where the first action in the list is ran and then the next or is it similar to the objects?

Solution

The first action you add e.g. to a button is the one that is run first, i.e. it is top to bottom with regard to the project explorer. But it gets a little more complex if you use action groups and may depend on the trigger, e.g. "On: Page show" actions are executed before "On: Show" actions on page level.

Discussion (4)

The first action you add e.g. to a button is the one that is run first, i.e. it is top to bottom with regard to the project explorer. But it gets a little more complex if you use action groups and may depend on the trigger, e.g. "On: Page show" actions are executed before "On: Show" actions on page level.

I don't know any documentation. In the end they just leave the door unlocked for you to go through if you want to but there's no guidance for the other side of it. There are lots of communities that provide support for JS and everything related but they usually lack the Lectora connection.

I fully agree with you @timk which is why I rely heavily on this forum and highly knowledgeable ppl that are contributing to it. I am by know means a master of JavaScript, JQuery, CSS, or the DOM portions of web development, but I know enough to make myself dangerous!

I am truly a jack of all trades, master of none type of guy.

Complexity at it's finest ! :)

Thanks for that, I am trying to determine order precedence for things to work when custom JS code snippets. Do you know if there is any sort of documentation or is it all internal knowledge based?