Importing Captivate files published as HTML5 into Lectora

Hi guys,

I have been using Lectora and Captivate for years. Typically, I would simply publish the Captivate as a swf and import that into Lectora. However, we are now moving away from swf so our courses can be viewed on tablets. I now have Captivate 2019, which allows you to publish to HTML5. So, how do I import the HTML5 files into Lectora?? I am using Lectora Inspire 16.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Discussion (6)

Hi @ssoni, You can do this in Lectora by adding a Web Window, selecting "Local web-based content" as your Window Source, and then choosing the correct file. Be sure to select "Include all files and subfolders" so you bring in all related files as well.

WebWindowHTML5.png

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your response. I tried your way and it works however I have one problem.

I have disabled the next button in Lectora and added JavaScript on the last slide of captivate to send command to Lectora to enable the Next button but it doesn't work. Do you have any idea? Please see attachments.

Thanks for your help.

undefined

Capture.pngCapture-1.png

When you display the captivate output in a web window, it will be in an iframe after publication from Lectora. This means your code needs to adress the main page, i.e. the "parent" of the iframe:

parent.button87.actionShow();

I hope it works, but I was unable to test.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your response. I tried your recommendation but doesn't work.

Do you any other ideas which might work?

Cheers

When you publish with "Seamless play" the way through all the iframes is a little longer:

parent.document.getElementsByTagName(undefined)[0].contentWindow.button87.actionShow();

This worked with a Web Window and Seamless play, the code in the other post worked without Seamless play.

There's a much better way to achieve it. Instead of making Captivate run a specific action, make it run an action group. Through this, you're much more flexible with what happens when the Captivate output is finished. Then you can use normal Lectora actions to both set the variable and show the button. If you had to change one of them or both or add more actions, you wouldn't have to edit the captivate file.

Put the two actions into a group on the main page. Make Captivate run:

parent.runGroup_og1234();

This code worked both Seamless and not. Replace og1234 with the html name of the group.

I attached a sample with both solutions.

If this doesn't work, I fear I can't help because I don't have too much experience with Captivate or the way its output is structured.

Hi Tim,

You are a champion. I used the two actions in group and the run the group from the captivate and it works like wonder.

Thanks so much mate.

Discussions have been disabled for this post