Solved

Enable Next button in Lectora after Captivate Simulation completes

Hi Guys,

I have embedded Captivate Simulation in Lectora 18 as a web window which opens in New window.

I need to activate the Next button in Lectora after you complete the simulation.

Can somebody please help?

regards

Soni

Solution

Yes, you said the simulation is displayed in a Web Window on a page that is opened in a New window. In the sample Page 3 represents the simulation as it is displayed in a Web Window on Page 2 that is opened in a New window. I just don't have a Captivate simulation at hand.

Make Captivate run

parent.opener.runGroup_og1234();

and make sure to replace og1234 with the html name of your group.

Discussion (11)

Hi timk,

Thanks for your response.

Basically I am using a launch simulation button on the page and when you click on the button it opens new window where I used web window for the simulation.

At the lunch simulation button page I used group with two actions. One action to modify variable and the other action to enable the Next button.

At the end of the simulation I used this code to execute the JavaScript:

parent.groupHTMLname ();

I want to enable the Next button when the simulation completes but nothing works ?

Can you please help ??

Regards

Soni

Check the sample. Page 3 is displayed in a web window on Page 2. Page 2 is opened in a New window from the "Main page". The button on Page 3 runs the group on the "Main page" to enable the button.

I'm not too familiar with Captivate, but as far as I know it should be possible to execute javascript.

Can you elaborate on how you open a Web Window in a New window? To make it work, it is important to know where exactly the Captivate simulation is in relation to the Lectora page.

Which version of Lectora do you have? I redownloaded my file and when I open it in Lectora 19.0.3 everything looks fine.

The group only has one action to enable the Next button but any will do to test. The Web Window should be on Page 2 with "Window Source: Page in Title" > "Page 3".

Hi timk,

I am using Lectora 18.2.3.

is it possible if you can please export the title in version 18 for me ??.

if all works then you will solve big problem for me.

regards

Soni

Hi again timk,

I can't find the web window in the source code you sent. Can you please check and resend?

Please see below:

Ok,, here is the same in a Lectora 18 file.

Hi timk,

There are no actions for the group. Please see below:

Thanks for all your help timk. But as I mentioned I am opening Captivate Simulation in a new window and I want to activate the next button once you complete the simulation.

Yes, you said the simulation is displayed in a Web Window on a page that is opened in a New window. In the sample Page 3 represents the simulation as it is displayed in a Web Window on Page 2 that is opened in a New window. I just don't have a Captivate simulation at hand.

Make Captivate run

parent.opener.runGroup_og1234();

and make sure to replace og1234 with the html name of your group.

Yayyy it works like a charm. Thanks sooooo much Tim. You are a STAR mate.

I was using parent. rungroupHTMLname (); instead of parent.opener.rungroup.