Update Survey Results

Is there a way to have survey results updated if a user goes back and changes their answers? Or create an advanced report to pull only the most recent results for each student?

With our current report, if a student goes back and changes their responses, the data is unchanged. If a Reset Survey action is added, when the student retakes the survey, a new record is created.

What I would like to happen is that a student can change his/her responses and either a) have the report only capture the single, most recent submission; or b) have the report only display the single, most recent submission.

Discussion (2)

I have created a survey consisting of a series of questions spread across a couple of pages. On the last page of the survey, there is an action on the Done button (On: Mouse Click, Action: Process Test/Survey, Target: Survey 1).

As it is structured today, if a student changes their response, nothing happens in the report. The course recognizes the change, but nothing new is submitted. I tried adding a Reset Test/Survey action at the onset of the survey, but this just creates a new record.

Hi Clammers - the 'Process Test/Survey' action should overwrite any previously submitted data.

In one of my projects we have a test set up as a chapter with the Process action on the final page - if the learner decides to go back and change their responses, the Process action is retriggered and everything is resubmitted.

How have you set up your Process action?

Discussions have been disabled for this post