Printing essay question answers

Hi All! It's been quite awhile since I've been by the forum, as I was pulled into more video training production and barely touching Lectora.

I'm back at it again and now running into an issue with 18.1.2 and allowing users to print their responses to essay questions.

In a nutshell, I created a page similar to a certificate page that opens in a new window after the questions have been answered. On this page is a text block that is set to use the variable values for said questions.

However, the text will NOT wrap either on screen or when printing and is cut off at the edge of the right side of the text block. I'm thoroughly stumped and suspect I may need some CSS or javascript/jquery to force the text to wrap?

For what it's worth, I did try creating a test with a Results page - same outcome unfortunately.

(Side note: for some reason, I had trouble getting the options for text styling to "unlock" on the results designer - I suspect PBKAC or at least absent-mindedness).

Thanks!

Discussion (1)

Addendum: I was able to use CSS to get it work correctly. I may or may not need all three of these values to make it work (I don't think I need hyphen), but left them anyway until I have more time on this project to review:

.whitespace {

overflow-wrap: break-word;

word-wrap: break-word;

hyphens: auto;

}

Is this perhaps a little bit of a bug when it comes to using text box variables in text blocks and/or results blocks?

Discussions have been disabled for this post