BRING BACK ABILITY - Close Tools Slide Out Pane

Could you please bring back the ability to close the Tools Slide Out Pane by clicking in the work area as done in previous versions. This is much quicker than navigating to the lower-right hand corner for the "Close" button.

Discussion (3)

@carlfink please feel free to message me examples of any ELB stuff where you experience usability issues. eLearning Brothers takes customer feedback seriously, and we work hard to address the issues we can, as quickly as we can, once we become aware of them. But we've grown quickly and now have A LOT OF STUFF to look after, and it crosses many hands, many different technologies, and sometimes, to be transparent, a number of competing priorities.

This Community, for example, is owned by our marketing team. It's a third-party platform. Our community manager has made some strides in managing customizations to improve usability since the first release, but we know we can do better. We count on users like you to help guide us in determining what "better" looks like.

As a side note, this specific issue has been logged. I personally carried your comment here to our Lectora scrum this morning, asking our engineering team, whenever possible, to give our users larger targets to aim at within Lectora. Both you and @"Chris Paxton" provide valuable insight into how we can do better. Sometimes your comments make us go "ouch!" but please keep 'em comin'!

Tiny "click targets" are increasingly an issue throughout ELB stuff ... including this forum. Why do I have to click on that tiny triangle to upvote this feature request? It would take literally minutes to make the entire gray rectangle clickable, harm nothing, and make using the forum easier.

Now apply that philosophy to all your designs.

@chris_willis, I know well the pain of trying to manage third party tools! Making people click on 5-pixel-high controls is a pet peeve of mine (as you might have guessed). Thanks.