Lectora Desktop Update v21.0.1

Lectora 21.0.1 just went live with these improvements:

- Fixed: Standard Title will now preview or publish without RCD selected

- Fixed: Apostrophe in a page name will not cause blank page in Run/Preview mode

- Several icon and UI updates to reflect brand refresh

Discussion (3)

I'm underwhelmed by Lectora 21. I've not used Lectora since version 17 and the lack of progress confusing. 21's new colours, icons, assets, themes... are nice but superfluous to my needs. The 'scroll into view' action trigger is also nice but no client has ever asked me to make a piece of elearning larger that their users' monitor.

What am I missing?

@approg in a complex and powerful authoring tool like Lectora, progress is clearly in the eye of the beholder. B)

The scrolling action trigger is one of the more popular features in Lectora Desktop21, along with the button sets and states.

ModDev was designed to help new IDs achieve success quickly, and on the other end of the spectrum, to help large enterprise customers whose course catalogs are overdue for a refresh. They see the value we put into thinking through modular workflows and plan to customize components to meet the needs of their workgroups.

Based on feedback from our usability community, we made a number of improvements to closed captioning and screen reader performance.

LD21 was one of the biggest Lectora releases ever. If you don't use button states or don't find value in accessibility features, perhaps there is something else on The Big List for you?

The big list is indeed big though many of them look more like bug fixes than new features (eg. "Placement of HTML text headers (H1, H2, etc.) will not shift after publishing").

Where is, for example, decent table handling? Why is it the editor still using RTF for text instead of HTML? By using RTF the published output can never fully match what's set in the editor. (A source of disappointment for some of the coders that hand craft text.)

The UI Lectora had before the ribbon was added was "uglier" but a whole lot more efficient than the ribbon is. You should never have put the settings/options for individual elements and the title's settings/options into the same UI element (the ribbon).

Finally, why does the published output still use deprecated JavaScript techniques from last century?