Deciding what's VR-capable

I just tested a CVR scenario (as SCORM 1.2 in an LMS) on my iPhone, using a "niche" browser, VMWare's "Web" (part of their Intelligent Hub platform, formerly AirWatch).

In Web, the scenario works, but doesn't know it's on a mobile browser, meaning Google Glass is not available.

Discussion (2)

Actually, it sounds like its because that browser is not WebXR capable. The content queries the capabilities of the device its on and displays the "Goggles" icon if it is WebXR capable.

Actually, it sounds like its because that browser is not WebXR capable. The content queries the capabilities of the device its on and displays the "Goggles" icon if it is WebXR capable.

Thanks. I haven't done anything in this area and wasn't aware that this was possible, let alone that your product does it. It's interesting, though, because like all iOS browsers "Web" is built on top of Safari, which is (I believe) supported by CVR. I have never built an iOS app, either, so I don't know if VMWare deliberately turned off WebXR, or maybe my own company's mobile device team blocked it? I'll ask our team about that.

Again, thanks.