Version of Title for SME Review

It's hard to review from a paper draft because of the interactive nature of many screens. I, too, use an online review, but here are some tips that have made it easier.

If you have a course with fixed navigation (the student must access everything in order), add a Table of Contents drop-down menu to the top of your interface just during the development phases. This makes it easier for reviewers to jump around the course. Then you can remove it quickly before publishing.

I use a SharePoint site to manage changes. Each SME has access to a custom list in SharePoint where they log their changes. Columns for the SME include: Module #, Screen #, Reviewer, Summary, Details. Then I go in and assign a type (graphics, audio, etc.) so that the development team can find what changes impact them. Finally, there are fields to track progress such as y/n check boxes for completed, verified, and closed, along with a comments field so that we can indicate why a certain change wasn't made, a workaround, etc.

Hope this helps!

Diane

Discussions have been disabled for this post