Solved

Progress bar with scores?

Is it possible to create a progress bar based on scores? The progress bar should show on every scene.

Solutions (2)

Yes! I've done this before with a timer object. Just set the timer to not autostart, set it to count up, and use a "bar" style. With a "bar" style counter, you can adjust its size in both width and height independently, so you can easily get the look of a progress bar.

Then just use a "Set Time" Action to set it to whatever value you want. If you want it to reflect the actual score variable, set the Time of the timer to be 100 seconds so that it will have values of 0-100, and if you are automatically calculating the score, you can set the value with the score variable by using %SCORE% in the value field for the "Set Time" action

Another thing to consider is setting the variable associated with the timer directly, which will give you many options for setting the progress of the timer, with things like "Add to", "Subtract From", as well as "Set Value"

Discussion (5)

Another thing to consider is setting the variable associated with the timer directly, which will give you many options for setting the progress of the timer, with things like "Add to", "Subtract From", as well as "Set Value"

Yes! I've done this before with a timer object. Just set the timer to not autostart, set it to count up, and use a "bar" style. With a "bar" style counter, you can adjust its size in both width and height independently, so you can easily get the look of a progress bar.

Then just use a "Set Time" Action to set it to whatever value you want. If you want it to reflect the actual score variable, set the Time of the timer to be 100 seconds so that it will have values of 0-100, and if you are automatically calculating the score, you can set the value with the score variable by using %SCORE% in the value field for the "Set Time" action

Tanx! I am going to try this.

It's almost as if you wrote Lectora or something.

I had a similar question as the OP, and the problem I was facing was transferring the timer value between scenes. I have been able to figure it out based on

's answer. Here's what I did:

In scene 1 have a timer (with generated variable name Timer87)

On the Done state of scene 1, add a Modify Variable action with: SCORE = %Timer87%

In scene 2 have another timer (with generated variable name Timer89)

On the Show state of scene 2, add a Set Time action with: [name of timer] = %SCORE%

The second timer will now start with the last value of the first timer :-)

PS: those arbitrary generated variable names make it hard to remember which timer belongs to which scene; please make it possible to change their variable names!