Solved

page size (reactive course)

I'm trying to make sure my course works on pcs, phones and tablets in both landscape and portrait modes. I have everything formatted/fitting on the pages correctly except one page and it's only a problem using an ipad/tablet. The page is designed to show when a button is pushed, but be smaller (like a pop up) and able to be closed to continue on in the course. On tablets, I can only see the left 3rd of the content on the page, but in the Lectora software, everything appears to be where it should be. I considered just resizing the page for the tablet views, but can't figure out how to do that. Any suggestions?

Solutions (2)

Have you activated responsive design? Have you used the tools designed to reformat pages for particular targets?

This is a fairly old tutorial, but still helpful.

https://knowledgebase.elearningbrothers.com/lectora-online-responsive-course-design

@awaid9938 popups do not work well on mobile devices. It is best practice to replace those with a page. Navigate to the page conditionally based on if CurrentView contains tablet OR CurrentView contains phone then on that page you would have a "close" button that would Go to Previous Page. (or you can leave out the conditions and do it in all cases and avoid a popup)

Discussion (3)

@awaid9938 popups do not work well on mobile devices. It is best practice to replace those with a page. Navigate to the page conditionally based on if CurrentView contains tablet OR CurrentView contains phone then on that page you would have a "close" button that would Go to Previous Page. (or you can leave out the conditions and do it in all cases and avoid a popup)

Yes, I activated the responsive design and reformatted for the different devices. Still didn't work. I ended up taking that out altogether, but that's super disappointing that pop ups don't work well on mobile devices. I won't ever create a course that will ONLY be used on a PC anymore, so I'll have to remember not to use pop ups! Thanks guys!

Have you activated responsive design? Have you used the tools designed to reformat pages for particular targets?

This is a fairly old tutorial, but still helpful.

https://knowledgebase.elearningbrothers.com/lectora-online-responsive-course-design