Name and Student ID on a Certificate

I am using Lectora 18/19. The certificate was already created using the certificate feature in Lectora. Currently, it is set up so people type their names in the box and print the certificate. Since this is a testing environment, people are printing the certificate through the buddy system and completing the exam.

According to this article (https://oldies.elearningbrothers.com/blog/create-custom-certificates-in-lectora), I should be able to use the varriables for the LMS, CourseMill. However, when I print the certificate the name nor will appear.

I could use the LMS Certificate, but it prints the name -- Last Name first if I use the Lectora commands. If I use the CourseMill certificate, it is difficult to change.

Please, anyone with suggestions.

Discussion (6)

I'm curious as to why the name isn't showing up on the certificate? There are several ways to do this...could you post the page?

That is my favorite way to do this and then I usually add this JS to make it firstname lastname.

Try putting this javascript on the Lectora certificate page. It "should" make first name last name with a space and remove the comma.

Hi, Chris. Thanks for responding. The easiest way is to delete the Lectora certificate and use the CourseMill certificate, but it needs to be modified.

The certificates are designed to use the variable with the user name in it. Your Lectora course is normally provided this information by the LMS. If you change the certificate to allow the user to type the name into an input field, this input field will not be printed. This is due to it being an HTML input fields. If this is a text box populated with the user's name, it will show on printing.

If you are not getting the name from the LMS for some reason, you can prompt the user earlier to get their name, and populate the variable field that you set up using the Certificate wizard. Then the name will print on the certificated.

Thanks @jholland . We don't want them to type the name. Instead use the LMS field, but the certificate does not recognize the fields. The problem with typing the name in is they are typing in all their friend's name to say they complete the course, but not actually take the course. Hence, using the LMS Variables.

Help someone. I cannot get the reverse name Javascript to work. Do I just add an action to a variable?

Hello @whatcher-8448 . The javascript you pasted into the action has the function correct but you need to call that function and set the return value to a user variable in your course that the certificate uses for the student name. Thats the missing steps. Since you submitted this as a support ticket also, I will finish up the instructions shortly and post them here and in emails to you in the support ticket.