Solved

Bug on Pico App (Adding Actions on Scene Properties)

Hi CenarioVR team,

In testing our VR Training for a client that uses Pico 4 headsets, we found a bug with the CenarioVR Pico App.

The bug seems to occur when an Action is set up within the Scene Properties (either 'On Show' or 'On Done'), the Pico App does not recognise the Actions.

For example, if we set up 2 x Actions 'On Show':

1). Pause Scene

2). Show Introduction Graphic

The Pico App does not recognise these 2 x Actions, and continues to play the scene without pausing or showing the introduction graphic.

Both web-based HTML and other apps (that we've tested) on Meta headsets work with the Actions set up within Scene Properties.

The workaround is to insert these 2 x Actions as Timed Events on the timeline at the very start of the Scene. When this is inserted, the Pico App recognises the Timed Event.

Just wanted to bring this up to your team, as while there's a workaround, if these Actions were set up within the Scene Properties, it will need to be changed to Timed Events for it to work on the Pico App. We found this on testing with the Headset and had to go back and remove the Actions from the Scene Properties and insert them as Timed Events for the timeline for each scene.

Cheers

Solution

Thanks for the heads up!

From what I was able to recreate, it is just the "Pause Scene" on the "On Show" for the scene that is not working on the Pico. I tested with some show actions after that, and they did seem to work. We will definitely get that into the next build. Thanks for notifying us!

Discussion (2)

Thanks for the heads up!

From what I was able to recreate, it is just the "Pause Scene" on the "On Show" for the scene that is not working on the Pico. I tested with some show actions after that, and they did seem to work. We will definitely get that into the next build. Thanks for notifying us!

This has been fixed in the most recent build!