Allow simultaneous logins on apps and web

Debugging can be painful in the current system. You see a problem in your Oculus headset (to use a random example totally unrelated to how I spent this afternoon). You go back to the web interface to fix it. You have to log in. You fix it. You publish.

Now you go back to the app and ... you're logged out, because CVR only allow you to log in once per account. So you log back in, which is insanely painful due to the very clumsy and inefficient and error-inducing interface. Then you test it and ... you have to make another change. So you go back to the web interface and log in again. Then you switch back to the Oculus and spend at least two minutes logging in again because of the interface. I did 10 cycles today, meaning that in 3 hours of work, at least 30 minutes was wasted on just logging in over and over, and cursing at the system.

Wow, was I frustrated. Can you tell from the tone of this?

Please let a developer log into the web and also all the apps simultaneously. I'm not suggesting this for all accounts, just developer and admin.

Thanks.

Discussion (7)

Just logged into CVR and headset update popup:

New Keyboard, less typing

You can now log in with less typing! CenarioVR saves the the last 5 user ID's so you can easily switch between them.

The input field is now fully editable, with a caret for inserting text, and character selection as well. And we've got a brand new keyboard that is much more responsive.

I reinstalled yesterday. Apparently my timing is either perfect or terrible, depending on how you feel about my being tortured.

Just logged into CVR and headset update popup:

New Keyboard, less typing

You can now log in with less typing! CenarioVR saves the the last 5 user ID's so you can easily switch between them.

The input field is now fully editable, with a caret for inserting text, and character selection as well. And we've got a brand new keyboard that is much more responsive.

I've updated the Pico CVR app, I prefer the old controller white pointer line rather than the new vivid blue line. Also the end dot (circle) has disappeared making it harder to pinpoint where to click, can it be added back?

One point about the original post, CVR allows one login from the App and one login from the web simultaneously, it always has. Logging into the Web does not log you out of the App and vice versa.

And Hugh, we are continuing to make improvements to the headset experience as we speak, lots more to come. I'll make a note of the circle at the end of the ray tracer

One point about the original post, CVR allows one login from the App and one login from the web simultaneously, it always has. Logging into the Web does not log you out of the App and vice versa.

This is simply not the case, with my Oculus Go and my web browser (Google Chrome on Windows 10). If I log in on either, the other is unlogged. I'm sure that was the design, but it is not working for this one end-user.

I get it. I can log in on the Go (a very laborious process, as I have whined about extensively), find a problem, go back to my browser ... and I'm logged out, and have to log back in. I haven't touched the iOS or Android or any other apps during that time.

The way it works is, one login on mobile and one login on the web at a time. Mobile includes the CVR App on headsets, iOS, and Android. The web would be any web browser login, on any device