Videos "Shaking" when Published to SCORM

Hi, when embedding mp4 videos in Lectora, they display properly in the preview mode. However, when I publish to SCORM 1.2 and view the SCORM, the videos start "shaking." I've tried different video files, sizes, resolutions, etc., but they keep shaking in the SCORM unless they are viewed in fullscreen. Has anybody encountered this issue or suggestions for how to fix it it?

Discussion (7)

Hello Carl,

Unfortunately, it happens across different browsers. The only workaround I found is to embed the video in Lectora using the video's original size. As soon as I make the video player larger or smaller, it starts shaking again.

Just as a way to debug, could you preview the page in browser? Try different browsers, and see if the problem might be browser-specific. I'm wondering if it's a codec thing, and the problem is related to which video player (embedded in the browser) is used.

Hi Andrew,

I tried publishing with the video compression turned off, but unfortunately the video was still shaking.

Is there any way you can share the project?

There is a compression setting on publish (one of the tabs in the publish window) - try deselecting that and testing it out.

Or even just cut out one page and share that?

Did you try SCORM Cloud? And again, does the problem happen when you Preview in Browser from Lectora?

You might try using HandBrake to reduce the video display size. For example, if your source video is 1600x900, you can reduce the display size to 1024x768 (or 800x600, etc.) and ensure it will fit the display space allocated in your course, before publishing and compressing.