Troubleshooting "Initially Hidden" Elements (Under Properties)

I am curious if anyone has experienced a challenge with using Initially Hidden, under properties.

When I am selecting it, the content is still showing. I have even tried deleting the content and reposting it. Nothing is working.

Discussion (15)

Back in the Trivantis days, Support would recommend testing courses in SCORM Cloud, where you can create a free (limited) account.

Update - I think this occurred because of the latest update. I forgot that I updated Lectora this morning.

No issues here ever.

Good to know. I was not expecting ReviewLink to be buggy. I find the other review features in Lectora not to be fully functional, so I moved to ReviewLink hoping for consistency.

I guess I will have to play to fidgure out how to use what feature, when. :(

Update 2 - SOLVED

I fixed it by:

Removing the link to the text box.

Adding a transparent button with the link from the text box.

Adding the following condition.

I will review on Tuesday when back in the office to ensure it still works.

the issue resolved. Unfortunately, I cannot remember. I will look back and try to get you an answer.

I know it was not a video.

When I am testing in ReviewLink this is occuring.

A colleague will be looking at it tomorrow. I am hoping it is an action issue I am just not seeing.

Hello

, we have no issues reported on the hidden property. Many authors use this to hide the Next button or other objects until a Show action is triggered by some action like an audio or video finishing playing.

Which type of object are you experiencing this issue? Do you have any actions on the Page Show that might be Showing the object? Does the object itself have any On Show, Show actions on This Object?

I never had any issues with it.

Are you aware that the element will stay visible in Lectora itself? - it will only be invisible in the published output. You can use the grey squares in the project explorer to make objects invisible in the editor.

and

I cannot consistently upload my files to SCORM Cloud. I have had three different files over a few months. I am waiting for someone at work to help me with this problem as well.

A few years ago when I used SCORM Cloud I didn't run into this type of problem.

as luck with have it (for you, not me ;)) It happened this morning on a project which was functioning properly. This error occurred

spontaneously

as I was attempting to fix the Smartphone-landascape view as I try to learn about responsive design.

Disclaimer:

I do not believe I changed anything when attempt to understand Responsive Design. But maybe I did.

I can not get it to hide again on view.

Images and explanation below.

Hope this will help you!

The "Alberta Health Services Copyright @ 2023" is part of a group containing this JS, an image to close the text box, and a text box. The group is initially hidden, the three elements inside are not selected as initially hidden.

As you can see the JS is showing on preview (Edge Browsers preview)

This is the explorer view:

I think the ReviewLink may be buggy.

I was helping you troubleshoot your other issue and while it was buggy in Review Link, it functioned everywhere else. It appears to be the same with this.

Thank you!!! I will look at this closer in a bit!!!

Which type of object are you experiencing this issue? Do you have any actions on the Page Show that might be Showing the object? Does the object itself have any On Show, Show actions on This Object?

SCORM Cloud is very useful when troubleshooting unexpected issues, especially issues that might be LMS related.

, I'm curious as to what type of objects this is happening with as I am using Lectora 21.3.1 and 21.4.1 and am experiencing something odd with videos that are set to initially hidden with an action to "on object show - play video". What is actually occuring is the video is autoplaying even though it isn't showing. I've done some odd work arounds with it within the actions, but wondering if the same thing.