Solved

HTML Extension 404 page not found

I recently reinstalled Lectora Desktop. When I opened one of my old projects to edit some CSS in the CSS HTML extension, I found no CSS lines there. Instead, a "404 page not found" message was displayed in an empty editing box. The CSS is still working as before, but I can't click and start typing. I soon discovered that the same error appears even if I add a new HTML extension, regardless of whether it is CSS, JavaScript, custom div, or something else. Attached is a screenshot of the error itself. Has anyone experienced a similar issue? The same error appears in a new project as well. I am using Lectora v21.5.3 (12504).

Solution

Please double-check another project with CSS to confirm that it is not isolated to the project you are referencing. If you find that other projects that contain CSS are showing the 404 error. You may have something that was missed or not installed as a result of your re-installation. Please try another reinstallation (over your existing one) you do not have to uninstall. We are hoping that what was missed will be installed over top your current installation.

Best,

-N

Discussion (2)

Please double-check another project with CSS to confirm that it is not isolated to the project you are referencing. If you find that other projects that contain CSS are showing the 404 error. You may have something that was missed or not installed as a result of your re-installation. Please try another reinstallation (over your existing one) you do not have to uninstall. We are hoping that what was missed will be installed over top your current installation.

Best,

-N

Thank you, Nicholas. This issue occurs in a new project as well. I'll try reinstalling as you suggested.