Display closed-captioning is on by default in preferences, but doesn't stay on.

Hello,

I'd like closed captions to display automatically on every page that has an audio or video file. However, they only stay on for the first and/or second page in the title.

- I'm using Lectora 21.

- I have "Display audio/video closed captions by default" checked in the preferences.

- I have viewed the project on Chrome, FireFox, and Edge, and all produced the same results.

Your assistance is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Cat

Discussion (10)

@crenzullo-7852 thanks for link, I can see some of the pages not showing the CC. Can I get a zip of the actual project though, so that I can try to step through and see if was have bug in this area?

@crenzullo-7852 I made a short project with 5 pages, all of which had CC. I am not seeing this issue. Would it be possible to get a copy of your course?

Sure. I'm at the look n feel stage, but I was seeing the captions disappear when arriving to the scenario page, and others... https://lectora.pdp.albany.edu/DC06/documentation/look-n-feel/

Sure thing... please try this link: https://lectora.pdp.albany.edu/DC06/documentation/copy-for-elearn-bros/documentation.zip

thank you!

Copied the page content to a new page - old page doesn't work as expected but the new page does. Looks like the page spazzed and didn't want to run the Js?

Cat - P and I call this the "why the hell did that fix it?" method. It's the Hail Mary of troubleshooting.

@crenzullo-7852 I get file or directory not found

I lied. Once I deleted out the original page the new page doesn't work.

No, nothing is downloaded for me, I get this message and no file:

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Okay. That's okay... @Beeps figured it out. She put a run delay of .01 second on the JS to tell Lectora to keep them on by default. Thanks for your efforts!

I get that error too, but then I see the zip downloaded to my Downloads folder. Does that happen for you too?