Solved

Best way to translate CenarioVR experiences.

Hi,

I am wondering who could advise on the best approaches to:

1. translate CenarioVr experiences (where the in-built features as used - Questions, Cards)
  2. swap 360 dubbed videos 'automatically' not manually

Do you translate the JSON files and then reimport the new version of the course?

The experience will be hosted on an LMS or in the cloud.

What are the things to bear in mind when preparing CenarioVR files for translation?

Thank you

Solution

I have seen it done a number of ways. It is possible to unzip the scenario file, translate the text in the JSON data file and replace the videos and audios manually, and then zip it back up and import it, but this is a bit technical and could be error prone. Generally, using the "Make a copy" option on the dashboard and then editing the new version would be the simplest method.

Discussion (1)

I have seen it done a number of ways. It is possible to unzip the scenario file, translate the text in the JSON data file and replace the videos and audios manually, and then zip it back up and import it, but this is a bit technical and could be error prone. Generally, using the "Make a copy" option on the dashboard and then editing the new version would be the simplest method.