Assign images to Checkbox and Radio buttons

I could not find this anywhere so sorry if it's a repeat, also, I apologize if this can be done and I just don't know how to do it.

After so long why can't we add images to all the states of checkbox buttons and radio buttons?

I have a hack that changes the states of image buttons but why should I need to do that?

Discussion (3)

You are right, you shouldn't have to use your hack, but unfortunately, we have not implemented the customization you are asking for. We do have plans to do this in the future and are working to speed up our delivery for features like this. I can tell you in v21 we have a "selected" state for a button that can be used to simulate a checkbox. You can customize and set any image for any number of button states. The ability to check the state or conditionally set the state will make this solution highly customizable.

In v19 there is an issue where over and down states cannot be disabled so creating a checkbox like button was an issue for me. Some other more clever community members might have better ideas.

We still plan on implementing the feature you are asking for (internal ref:LO-5018) because it also affects questions and how they can be used. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Yes, I want a custom image, I know we can have an image for all checkboxes and that's OK for question objects but I would like the ability override that by assigning custom images.

A good example is whenever we have an action that is used as a toggle show/hide another object.

There is a 'Set State' action, but I guess I'm not 100% sure what you trying to accomplish - Are you trying to show an image based on the state of a checkbox? Or do you want the radio button or checkbox to be a custom image?